STEP 1: Determine how to pay for classes today.
Using Financial Aid
Pell Grants and Loans:
- Apply at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ (School Code: 004626). Select 18-19 FAFSA for Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 Semesters. Delgado provides FAFSA assistance on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Building 2, Room 210 at the City Park Campus. You will need these documents when receiving assistance or submitting your FAFSA:
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Social Security number and date of birth for student and parent (if student is under 24)
- 2016 tax return for student and parent (if student is under 24) for 18-19 FAFSA
- Summer Session only: Submit a request for Summer Financial Aid: https://form.jotform.com/80657069217159.
- Log in to your LoLA account to view documents requested by the Financial Aid office.
- Review and accept or decline your award letter in LoLA. You must be fully admitted to Delgado and enrolled in an applicable program of study before your financial aid can be applied to your account. Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-215-8247.
Contracts and Exemptions: Visit the Bursar’s office with necessary paperwork.
Veterans Benefits: See https://goo.gl/TvUeeX.
Veterans Affairs: City Park Campus, Charity School of Nursing, Sidney Collier Site - Peter Brandt - email@example.com | West Bank Campus, Jefferson Site - Joseph Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Delgado’s Payment Plan
You can pay your tuition in incremental payments during the semester. Payment plan amounts are based on your tuition costs and the date you enroll in the payment plan. Log in to LoLA to sign up for the payment plan. You must pay using a credit card or checking account. More information: https://goo.gl/oBKpam.
STEP 2: Complete admissions requirements.
Complete admission application at https://goo.gl/aHLY2K.
Submit all required documents to Admissions or the Answer Center.
- Immunization waiver or records: Complete the online form at https://goo.gl/X85dNP.
- Males between 18-25 must submit a copy of Selective Service registration. Download registration form at https://goo.gl/s1yT9L.
STEP 3: Get into classes.
We want to help you choose the right classes for your career choice.
- If you have not taken college English or math you must take a placement assessment ($15 fee) OR submit qualifying ACT scores (School Code: 1577). For exemption details or to schedule an appointment, visit https://goo.gl/0zHWVI.
- If you do not need a placement assessment, check https://goo.gl/N6RrCL before visiting campus. Advisors may require an appointment.
- You must provide a placement assessment score, college transcript, or ACT score with English and math scores before being advised.
- If you are a transfer student, you must meet with an advisor based on your career choice. If you wish to transfer your credits from another institution, you must bring unofficial transcripts to all advising sessions for proper placement and pre-requisite overrides.
STEP 4: Secure your classes.
Schedules must be secured and/or paid to prevent being deleted. Visit Payment & Financial Information to see payment deadlines and https://goo.gl/BsZFfk for instructions on how to ensure your classes are secured.
- Pay in person (cash, check or money order) or online through LoLA at https://goo.gl/uytbb. You must pay using a credit card or checking account.
- Enroll in the payment plan online through LoLA at https://goo.gl/uytbb. You must pay using a credit card or checking account.
- Use financial aid. If awarded, your authorized financial aid will be applied directly to your account balance. You are responsible for any remaining balance. View your authorized aid through LoLA by clicking on “Account Balance by Term.”
STEP 5: Prepare for your first day of school.
- Taking online classes? Log on to Canvas, our online classroom, at https://dcc.instructure.com/login/ldap.
- Purchase books at the campus bookstore with your printed schedule: https://goo.gl/soFMhX. Bookstore vouchers are only available for a limited time for students who have authorized aid on their account.
- Download the free Delgado mobile app to access email, Canvas, and many other resources.
- Make your refund selection at refundselection.com. You will receive your personal code in a bright green envelope in the USPS mail between the first and 14th day of school.
- Get you parking decal. Complete the vehicle registration form online at https://goo.gl/Lv488m.
- Get your Delgado ID card. Visit ID card office https://goo.gl/8fZXjT.
Go to your first day of classes - learning begins DAY ONE!