STEP 1: Submit admission application - $25 application fee assessed.
All admissions requirements are due 30 days after the first day of school.
NOTE: Students applying for federal financial assistance must submit proof of high school graduation before aid is processed.
Who: First-time freshmen, transfer, and re-admit students
How: Apply online at www.dcc.edu.
When: APPLY NOW! – Delgado is currently taking applications through August 16, 2013.
STEP 2: Apply for financial assistance.
Who: All students in need of assistance to pay tuition and fees
How: Apply online at www.fafsa.gov or see Financial Assistance information.
- FAFSA priority deadline April 15, 2013
- First document deadline May 15, 2013
(See Step 5 below for more details.)
STEP 3: Schedule and take appropriate placement test if applicable - $15 testing fee assessed.
- First-time freshmen who score under an 18 in Math or English and under a 17 in Reading on the ACT or who have not taken the ACT.
- Re-admit or transfer students who have not successfully completed developmental or college-level math and English courses with a grade of “C” or better within the last three years.
When: As soon as possible; placement tests are being given now and must be taken before students can register for classes. Students must be admitted before scheduling their placement test.
STEP 4: Register for classes.
Who: All students
- First-time freshmen will be given a date and time for their advising session. During the advising session, students will register for their classes.
- Re-admit, transfer, and continuing students schedule classes online at LoLA. (Students must wait 24 - 36 hours after their application has been processed before scheduling classes online.)
Note: Transfer and re-admit students must register in-person for classes that have corequisites or prerequisites. They must bring to advisors an official or unofficial copy of a transcript or grade reports from all institutions previously attended to register for courses requiring co-requisites or pre-requisites.
When: March 18, 2013 - August 8, 2013
View our registration videos for help with scheduling classes.
STEP 5: Secure classes.
Who: All students
- Using financial aid: Students must have completed the financial aid process before financial aid can be used to secure classes. (See Financial Assistance for information.)
- Paying out-of-pocket: Pay online at LoLA (credit card or electronic check) or visit the Bursar’s Office (cash or check only.)
When: By May 30, 2013 at 3 p.m. in person, or via LoLA by 11 p.m.
Note: Classes not secured with enrollment in payment plan or financial aid will be dropped. After May 30, 2013, all unpaid schedules are deleted at the end of each last chance registration day.
STEP 6: Start right – prepare for your first day of school.
- Get a parking decal - Bring your car registration and license with you to the Bursar’s Office. Complete the vehicle registration form, pay the fee, and pick up your decal when you pay tuition. For those who make payment online or secure classes with financial aid, parking decals must be purchased before the first day of the second week of school.
- Get Delgado ID card – ID card office on your campus - New students can receive their ID card 48 hours after securing classes. ID cards begin to be issued August 12, 2013.
- Learn how to use Delgado’s online resources – e-mail, Blackboard, LoLA – (see Online Tools & Resources pages for more information).
- Purchase books* – in person at the bookstore; bring a copy of your schedule to ensure you purchase the correct books, or online at dcc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBHomePage.
*Bookstore credits are only available for financial aid recipients who have a negative balance on their account and are only available for a limited time: August 12 - 30, 2013. Visit www.dcc.edu/departments/studentaffairs/reg/bookstorecredit for complete information.