|The Delgado Student Support Services program is a federally funded grant program that provides unique and personalized services designed to give students the tools they need to succeed – free to Delgado students who qualify!
- academic advising
- skills assessment and development
- academic and career goal evaluation
- financial aid counseling
- registration assistance
- scholarship information
- choosing a major/career
- free tutoring
- workshops (study skills, financial literacy, etc.)
- math summer bridge
How to Qualify
Students must be accepted to Delgado and meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Have financial need (income meets Federal Government Income Eligibility Guidelines) AND be a first-generation college student (first person in the family to attend college)
- Have a documented disability
Student Support Services
City Park Campus
Building 2, Room 307N
Single Stop USA provides FREE tax preparation, full benefits access, comprehensive legal services and financial planning to Delgado students. Trained and experienced tax preparers are available at the City Park Campus (Building. 2, Dolphin Station) to all Delgado students with a combined household income of less than $50,000.
Students may walk-in, but those with appointments will receive priority service. To schedule an appointment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 671-6563.
- Government issued Photo ID
- Social security cards for everyone on the tax return
- W-2 forms for each job
- If eligible for Child Care Credit, letter from provider and tax ID
- Voided check for direct deposit for faster return (7-10 business days)
- If married and filling jointly, spouse must be present
- Any other documentation you receive (i.e. 1099)
Refunds are available within 7-10 business days.
Mondays and Tuesdays 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesdays and Thursdays 1 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Fridays 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The Joey Georgusis Center for Children, located on the City Park Campus, provides a safe, high quality learning environment for the children of the College’s diverse community that stimulates each child’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development and provides hands-on training and experience for the students enrolled in the Care and Development of Young Children Program.
The Children’s Center serves as a site for Delgado students in the Care and Development of Young Children Program to observe and/or to receive practical guided experience with children aged six weeks to four years of age. The Center offers students the opportunity to meet training requirements for the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
The Center is located in a state-of-the-art facility and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Availability of the Center’s services is based on the date of application. For more information, call (504) 671-6542.