STEP 1: Submit admission application.
All admissions requirements are due 30 days after the first day of school.
NOTE: Students applying for federal financial assistance must submit proof of high school graduation or provide all previous college transcripts before financial aid is processed.
Who: First-time freshmen, transfer, re-admit, and non-degree/non-certificate seeking (non-matriculating) students
How: Apply online at www.dcc.edu.
When: APPLY NOW!
STEP 2: Apply for financial assistance.
Who: All students in need of assistance to pay tuition and fees
How: Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov and visit Delgado’s financial aid webpage for additional information, if needed.
When: Priority deadline to apply for federal aid grant or loan funding is April 29, 2016.
STEP 3: Schedule and take appropriate placement test if applicable - $15 testing fee assessed.
- First-time freshmen who score under an 18 in Math or English and under a 17 in Reading on the ACT or who have not taken the ACT.
- Re-admit or transfer students who have not successfully completed developmental or college-level math and English courses with a grade of “C” or better within the last three years.
- First-time freshmen: Complete online orientation first; at the end, you will receive a link to schedule a placement test.
- Re-admit or transfer students: Schedule your placement test online.
When: As soon as possible; placement tests are being given now and must be taken before students can register for classes. Students must be admitted before scheduling their placement test.
STEP 4: Register for classes.
Who: All students
- First-time freshmen will be given a date and time for their advising session. During the advising session, students will register for their classes.
- Re-admit, transfer, and continuing students schedule classes online at LoLA.
Note: Transfer and re-admit students must register in-person for classes that have corequisites or prerequisites. They must bring to advisors an official or unofficial copy of a transcript or grade reports from all institutions previously attended to register for courses requiring co-requisites or pre-requisites.
When: Starting March 21, 2016 for best selection of classes.
View our registration videos for help with scheduling classes.
You may also print this trial course schedule worksheet to help you schedule your classes.
STEP 5: Secure classes.
Who: All students
- Using financial aid: Students must have completed the entire financial aid process before financial aid can be used to secure classes.
- When: By May 27, 2016 at 3 p.m. in person, or via LoLA by May 27, 2016 by 12 noon. All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for an award letter and eligible for a bookstore credit. Any documentation submitted after this date will require an alternative payment method.
- Paying out-of-pocket: Pay online at LoLA (credit card or electronic check) or visit the Bursar’s Office (cash, check, or money order only.)
Note: Classes not adequately secured by the payment deadlines may be deleted for non-payment. After late registration, all unpaid schedules may be deleted nightly.
STEP 6: Start right – prepare for your first day of school.
- Get a parking decal - Bring your car registration and license with you to the Bursar’s Office. Complete the vehicle registration form, pay the fee, and pick up your decal when you pay tuition. For those who make payment online or secure classes with financial aid, parking decals must be purchased before the first day of the second week of school.
- Get Delgado ID card – ID card office on your campus - New students can receive their ID card 48 hours after securing classes.
- Learn how to use Delgado’s online resources – e-mail, Canvas, LoLA – (see Online Tools & Resources for more information).
- Purchase books* – in person at the bookstore; bring a copy of your schedule to ensure you purchase the correct books, or online.
*Bookstore credits/vouchers are only available for financial aid recipients who have a negative balance on their account and are only available for a limited time: May 31 - June 8, 2016.