Jun 09, 2023
2019 Spring Student Handbook [ARCHIVED PUBLICATION]
STEP 1: Determine how to pay for classes today.
Using Financial Aid
Pell Grants and Loans:
- Apply at fafsa.ed.gov (School Code: 004626). Select 18-19 FAFSA for Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 Semesters. Delgado provides FAFSA assistance on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Building 2, Room 210 at the City Park Campus. You will need these documents when receiving assistance or submitting your FAFSA:
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Social Security number and date of birth for student and parent (if student is under 24)
- 2016 tax return for student and parent (if student is under 24) for 18-19 FAFSA
- Summer Session only: Submit a request for Summer Financial Aid
- Log in to your LoLA account to view documents requested by the Financial Aid office.
- Review and accept or decline your award letter in LoLA. You must be fully admitted to Delgado and enrolled in an applicable program of study before your financial aid can be applied to your account. Financial Aid: email@example.com or 1-855-215-8247.
Contracts and Exemptions: Visit the Bursar’s office with necessary paperwork.
Veterans Affairs: City Park Campus, Charity School of Nursing, Sidney Collier Site - Peter Brandt - firstname.lastname@example.org | West Bank Campus, Jefferson Site - Joseph Williams - email@example.com.
Using Delgado’s Payment Plan
Delgado has an established contract with a third-party vendor, CashNet, to provide a payment plan to help ease the burden of paying for college. This plan allows students to pay for tuition and fees through monthly installment payments throughout the semester/session. The number of monthly installments is determined by the date of enrollment and the final payment due date. The first payment is due upon enrollment along with a non-refundable enrollment fee of $30. Learn more about the payment plan.
STEP 2: Complete admissions requirements.
Complete online admission application.
Submit all required documents. To submit documents in person, visit your campus Welcome Desk. Submit documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immunization waiver or records: Complete the online form.
- Males between 18-25 must submit a copy of Selective Service registration. Download the registration form.
STEP 3: Get into classes.
We want to help you choose the right classes for your career choice.
- If you have not taken college English or math you must take a placement assessment ($15 fee) OR submit qualifying ACT scores (School Code: 1577). Learn about exemption details or schedule an appointment.
- If you do not need a placement assessment, visit the Advising webpage before visiting campus. Advisors may require an appointment.
- You must provide a placement assessment score, college transcript, or ACT score with English and math scores before being advised.
- If you are a transfer student, you must meet with an advisor based on your career choice. If you wish to transfer your credits from another institution, you must bring unofficial transcripts to all advising sessions for proper placement and pre-requisite overrides.
STEP 4: Secure your classes.
Schedules must be secured and/or paid to prevent being deleted. Visit Payment & Financial Information to see payment requirements and deadlines. See instructions on how to ensure your classes are secured.
STEP 5: Prepare for your first day of school.
Go to your first day of classes - learning begins DAY ONE!