The student understands that when registering for any class at Delgado Community College or receiving any service from Delgado Community College, the student is making a financial commitment to pay all tuition, fees and other associated charges assessed as a result of the student’s enrollment and/or receipt of service. The student further understands and agrees that the student’s registration and acceptance of these terms constitutes a promissory note agreement [i.e., a financial obligation in the form of an education loan as defined by the U.S. Bankruptcy Code at 11 U.S.C. §523(a)(8)] in which Delgado Community College is providing the student educational services, deferring some or all of the student’s payment obligation for those services, and the student promises to pay for all assessed tuition, fees and other associated costs by the published or assigned due date.
The student understands and agrees that if the student drops or withdraws from some or all of the classes for which the student registers, the student will be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule located in the College Catalog and Student Handbook. The student has read the terms and conditions of the published tuition refund schedule and understands those terms are incorporated herein by reference. The student further understands that the student’s failure to attend class or receive a bill does not absolve the student of financial responsibility as described above.
The student authorizes Delgado Community College and its agents and contractors to contact the student at the student’s current and any future phone number(s) (including cellular), email address(es) or wireless device(s), even if the student will be charged by the service provider(s) for receiving such communications, regarding any past, current, or future financial or academic record (or critical college business), the student’s delinquent student account(s)/loan(s), any other debt the student owes to Delgado Community College, or to receive general information from Delgado Community College. The student authorizes Delgado Community College and its agents and contractors to use automated telephone dialing equipment, artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages, and personal calls and emails, in efforts to contact the student.
The following Terms and Conditions, in addition to the disclosures provided above, outline the student’s Registration Agreement with Delgado Community College:
- Once a student formally registers for classes, the student assumes the responsibility for understanding all Delgado Community College College’s official policies as described in the most recently published Delgado Community College Catalog and Student Handbook, which include but are not limited to policies concerning schedule changes, satisfactory academic progress, and the financial policies of the College.
- If a student has any outstanding financial obligations with any college in the Louisiana Technical and Community College System, Delgado Community College reserves the right to withhold future services including but not limited to registration, transcript requests, issuing diplomas, use of facilities, and other services as deemed appropriate by the College.
- It is the student’s responsibility to maintain all contact information including telephone number, email and postal address to ensure receipt of all College correspondence and to check on a daily basis the email address required in the Student Handbook.
- The student consents to receive email notifications to the email address required in the College Catalog and Student Handbook regarding the availability of an E–Bill (Electronic Billing Statement) and consents to review billing statement information on Delgado Community College’s web payment system.
- Registration constitutes a financial agreement between the student and Delgado Community College. Tuition, fees and other charges the student incurs, including but not limited to testing charges, course specific fees, fines and bookstore charges shall be added to the student’s account. Administrative, clerical, or technical billing errors do not absolve the student of the financial responsibility to pay the correct amount of tuition, fees and other financial obligations assessed.
- Delgado Community College accepts payment via student financial aid and third-party sponsorship, but the responsibility for payment remains with the student. It is the student’s responsibility to monitor the student’s account balance and any funding sources. If financial aid is not granted or if third party sponsors do not pay within a reasonable period, the student will be required to pay the full amount due.
- Charges left unpaid for prior terms may result in disenrollment from the student’s current semester/session’s courses unless payment arrangements are made prior to payment deadlines.
- Failure to pay outstanding student account balances by the stated due dates may result in late payment fees as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- If a student financial aid recipient drops and/or ceases attendance from a class(es), the college may be required to return a portion of the student aid received to the Department of Education. The student will subsequently be billed for any balance that this creates.
- In the event the student becomes delinquent in paying charges or defaults in repaying charges, the debts may be transferred to the State of Louisiana Attorney General’s Office, the Louisiana Office of Debt Recovery, or another external agency for collection and may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus. All collection fees incurred shall be at the expense of the student which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33 1/3%.
- If Delgado Community College prevails in a lawsuit to collect on the student’s financial obligation, the student will be responsible to pay Delgado Community College College’s court costs, collection fees, and attorney’s fees in an amount the court finds to be reasonable.
- This Agreement applies to any and all financial obligations between the student and Delgado Community College, both for the current registration period and all future registrations.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the student and Delgado Community College with respect to its subject matter addressed and constitutes and supersedes all prior communications, contracts, or agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter addressed in this Agreement, whether oral or written.
< BACK TO ACADEMIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES