DEGREE: ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE
DIVISION: TECHNICAL DIVISION
The degree curriculum in Motor Vehicle Technology provides two areas of concentration: Collision Repair and General Automotive. Delgado Community College has two cooperative degree programs in Motor Vehicle Technology: ASSET with Ford Motor Company and ASEP with General Motors.
Students entering either program must be sponsored by a participating Ford or GM dealer who provides supervised work experience for approximately eight weeks of each semester. The other half of the semester is spent in special classes at Delgado.
The Motor Vehicle Technology degree program is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, Inc. (NATEF). 101 Blue Seal Drive S.E., Suite 101, Leesburg, VA 20175, Phone: (703) 669-6650.
The College offers a Certificate of Technical Studies program in Motor Vehicle Technology. Learn more about this program.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the Motor Vehicle Technology Associate of Applied Science program, the learner will be able to:
- Diagnose modern automotive systems (SLO # 1)
- Identify proper repair procedures in print and electronic service manuals (SLO # 2)
- Interpret complex electrical wiring diagrams (SLO # 3)
- Explain repair procedures in a concise, logical manner (SLO # 4)
- Diagnose complex diagnostic trouble codes (SLO # 5)
- Interpret automotive data acquired from diagnostic scanners (SLO # 6)
- Verify that repairs solved customer concerns (SLO # 7)