CERTIFICATE OF TECHNICAL STUDIES PROGRAM
DIVISION: BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY
The Business Systems Design program provides students the foundational knowledge to work in a cross-functional business enviornment to develop software solutions.
As the technology sector of our economy grows, it will require more skilled workers to fill that demand. The goal of this program is to provide the foundational skills for workers in that field. Business System Designers typically design, develop, and manage complex solutions and systems over their lifecycle. Drawing an interdisciplinary systems design that can be applied to any field, the program provides an overview of the process of developing documentation for any system from initial scoping through detailed design. Instruction will include defining the systems design challenges, defining functional requirements, and objectively measuring the value of of any potential sytems design solution.
Completers of this program will review functional systems design and architecture techniques to develop a deeper understanding of how all of the components of the solution work together.
All courses in the Certificate program may be applied to the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business & Management, with a concentration in Business Systems Design. Learn more about this program.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon successful completion of the Business Systems Design Certificate of Technical Studies program, the learner will be able to:
- Design, develop, and implement information technology based solutions for business (SLO #1)
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders in a project (SLO #2)
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, business analysis, and professional interpersonal skills in the workplace (SLO #3)
- Apply Agile and Scrum principles in collaborative software design projects (SLO #4)
- Develop projects using multiple programming languages (SLO #5)