DEGREE: ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE
SCHOOL OF CONSTRUCTION ARTS AND TECHNICAL STUDIES
The degree curriculum in Motor Vehicle Technology provides two areas of concentration: Collision Repair and General Automotive. Delgado Community College has three cooperative degree programs in Motor Vehicle Technology: ASSET with Ford Motor Company, ASEP with General Motors, and MB Campus with Mercedes-Benz.
The Motor Vehicle Technology degree program is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, Inc. (NATEF). 101 Blue Seal Drive S.E., Suite 101, Leesburg, VA 20175, Phone: (703) 669-6650.
The College offers a Certificate of Technical Studies program in Motor Vehicle Technology and a Career and Technical Certificate program in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Light Repair.
Learn more about these programs:
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the Motor Vehicle Technology Associate of Applied Science program, the learner will be able to:
- Diagnose modern automotive systems (SLO # 1)
- Identify proper repair procedures in print and electronic service manuals (SLO # 2)
- Interpret complex electrical wiring diagrams (SLO # 3)
- Explain repair procedures in a concise, logical manner (SLO # 4)
- Diagnose complex diagnostic trouble codes (SLO # 5)
- Interpret automotive data acquired from diagnostic scanners (SLO # 6)
- Verify that repairs solved customer concerns (SLO # 7)