STEP 1: Submit admission application - $25 application fee assessed.
All admissions requirements are due 30 days after the first day of school.
NOTE: Students applying for federal financial assistance must submit proof of high school graduation before aid is processed.
Who: First-time freshmen, transfer, and re-admit students
How: Apply online at www.dcc.edu.
When: APPLY NOW! – Delgado is currently taking applications through January 10, 2014.
STEP 2: Apply for financial assistance.
Who: All students in need of assistance to pay tuition and fees
How: Apply online at www.fafsa.gov or see Financial Assistance information.
- FAFSA 2013-2014 - Spring 2014 priority deadline Monday, October 21, 2013 - FAFSA must be processed by this date.
- First Spring 2014 document deadline Friday, November 15, 2013 - All documents must be submitted by this date to be considered for an award letter and eligible for a bookstore credit.
(See Step 5 below for more details.)
STEP 3: Schedule and take appropriate placement test if applicable - $15 testing fee assessed.
- First-time freshmen who score under an 18 in Math or English and under a 17 in Reading on the ACT or who have not taken the ACT.
- Re-admit or transfer students who have not successfully completed developmental or college-level math and English courses with a grade of “C” or better within the last three years.
When: As soon as possible; placement tests are being given now and must be taken before students can register for classes. Students must be admitted before scheduling their placement test.
STEP 4: Register for classes.
Who: All students
- First-time freshmen will be given a date and time for their advising session after completing placement test. During the advising session, students will register for their classes. Students who have ACT scores that exempt them from placement testing can submit then to testing and schedule an advising session at that time.
- Re-admit, transfer, and continuing students schedule classes online at LoLA. (Students must wait 24 - 36 hours after their application has been processed before scheduling classes online.)
Note: Transfer and re-admit students must register in-person for classes that have corequisites or prerequisites. They must bring to advisors an official or unofficial copy of a transcript or grade reports from all institutions previously attended to register for courses requiring co-requisites or pre-requisites.
When: October 21, 2013 - January 10, 2014
View our registration videos for help with scheduling classes.
STEP 5: Secure classes.
Who: All students
- Using financial aid: Students who have completed the financial aid process may secure classes using financial aid. Students must verify via LoLA that the process is complete and that classes are secured. For more information, please see Are My Classes Secured on the Delgado website.
- Paying out-of-pocket: Pay in full online (credit card or electronic check) or in person (cash or check only). If you cannot make payment in full, you may secure classes by officially enrolling in the payment plan. Partial payments made outside of official payment plan enrollment will not secure classes.
When: By January 10, 2014 – 4 p.m. if paying in person or 11 p.m. if paying online.
Note: After January 10, all unsecured classes will be dropped at the end of each day.
STEP 6: Start right – prepare for your first day of school.
- Get a parking decal - Parking decals may be purchased online (Account Detail by Term –> Payment Options –> Make a Payment –> Parking Decal). Follow the directions online to purchase the decal then bring the required documents (Vehicle Registration Form, your car registration, and driver’s license) to the Bursar’s Office to pick up the decal.
- Get Delgado ID card – ID card office on your campus - New students can receive their ID card 48 hours after securing classes. ID cards begin to be issued January 13, 2014.
- Learn how to use Delgado’s online resources – Email, Blackboard, LoLA – (see Online Tools and Resources pages for more information).
- Purchase books* – In person at the bookstore; bring a copy of your schedule to ensure you purchase the correct books, or online at dcc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBHomePage.
*Bookstore credits are only available for financial aid recipients who have a negative balance on their account and are only available for a limited time: January 13 - 29, 2014. Visit www.dcc.edu/departments/studentaffairs/reg/bookstorecredit for complete information.