DEGREE: ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE
DIVISION: ALLIED HEALTH
The Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Program accepts one class per year. Selection of each year’s class will be competitive and will have limited enrollment that is governed by the number of clinical positions available in the affiliate institutions. Once accepted, the program requires a two-year, full-time commitment. Students must be Louisiana Certified, Nationally Registered EMT-Basic prior to admission into the program. Prospective students must contact the Allied Health Admissions Office to initiate the admissions procedure. The deadline for application to the program is April 30th. To qualify for admission into the program, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Complete program prerequisite courses (ENGL 101 , MATH 118 ).
- Complete BIOL 141 and BIOL 143 (prerequisite for Anatomy and Physiology at Delgado Community College).
- Earn an overall college grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0.
- Be a currently Louisiana State Certified Nationally Registered EMT-Basic or Intermediate.
- Be able to meet program’s technical standards.
The Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Associate of Applied Science degree program is accredited by the CAAHEP Commission on Accreditation on Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL33756, phone: 727-210-2350, fax: 727-210-2354, email: email@example.com.