Jun 14, 2024  
2013 Summer Student Handbook 
2013 Summer Student Handbook [ARCHIVED PUBLICATION]

Dropping Courses or Withdrawing from the College

Search and register for courses at LoLA. Students must officially drop a course or withdraw from the College to receive a “W” or qualify for an adjustment in tuition and fees owed. Mere cessation of attendance does not constitute withdrawal and may result in the student receiving a failing grade in a course and in having an outstanding financial obligation.


Before the 14th Day


Tuition Adjustment Information

Tuition Adjustment: an adjustment in the amount of tuition and fees owed by a student to the College.


Tuition Adjustment Schedule

Adjustments to tuition will be made according to the below schedule regardless of the date of your registration (or late registration). Students who register after the 100 percent tuition refund period ends and then drop a course or withdraw will receive tuition adjustment in accordance with the dates on which they dropped. 


Through June 6


June 7 - 12


June 13 - 17


After June 17


        If you paid out-of-pocket for classes and you are owed money from dropping or withdrawing, a credit balance (negative balance) will appear within 24 - 48 hours. All credits will be refunded to your Dolphin One card. All refunds will begin to be issued during the week of the 14th day of school.  


Received Financial Aid?

  • If you withdraw from classes, all aid will be removed until attendance is verified. After attendance is verified, aid will be awarded based on the Federal Financial Assistance Refund / Repayment information below.
  • If you drop one or more classes, your financial aid will be recalculated. The reduced amount will be available to view at my.lctcs.edu.
  • You must be enrolled in and complete six or more credit hours to keep loan funds.



After the 14th Day


Tuition Adjustment Information

There are no tuition adjustments made after the 14th day in fall or 7th day in summer.


Received Financial Aid?

  • If you receive financial aid and are withdrawing from the College, please see the Federal Financial Assistance Refund/Repayment information below.
  • You must be enrolled in and complete six or more credit hours to keep loan funds.



Federal Financial Assistance Refunds / Repayments

When a student completely withdraws from the College during an academic period for which he or she is the recipient of Title IV funds, the College is required to determine whether the return of Title IV funds must be made according to statutory and regulatory requirements. The rules that govern the return of Title IV Funds assume that a student earns his or her assistance based upon the period of time that the student remained enrolled.

During the first 60 percent of an enrollment period, a student “earns” Title IV funds in direct proportion to the length of time that he or she remains enrolled. The percentage of time during an academic period that a student remained enrolled is the percentage of dispersible assistance for that period that the student earned.

Assistance is “dispersible” if a student could have received it at that point of academic period when the student withdraws from the College. Total dispersible assistance includes that which was disbursed and that which could have been, but was not, disbursed as of the student’s date of withdrawal. A student who remains enrolled at the College beyond the 60 percent point of an academic period is presumed to have earned all assistance for that period. Unearned Title IV funds, other than Federal Work Study, must be returned.

Unearned assistance is the amount of disbursed Title IV funds that exceed the amount of Title IV funds earned under statutory and regulatory guidelines. The responsibility to repay unearned Title IV funds is shared by the College and the student in proportion to the Title IV funds each is assumed to possess. The College will notify, in writing, a student who is required to repay and return unearned Title IV funds before the end of the enrollment period.