Follow enrollment process steps in this order
at the Delgado location you plan to attend:
City Park Campus
615 City Park Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119
Building 2, Room 101 - Answer Center
320 E. Howze Beach Road, Slidell, LA 70461
(985) 646-6420 or (504) 671-6610
5200 Blair Drive, Metairie, LA 70001
Building A, Room 3
West Bank Campus
2600 General Meyer Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70114
Larocca Hall, Room 143
207 E. Lockwood Street, Covington, LA 70433
(985) 893-6286 or (504) 671-6600
475 Manhattan Boulevard, Harvey, LA 70058
STEP 1: Submit admission application ($25 application fee assessed).
All admissions requirements are due 30 days after the first day of school.
NOTE: Students applying for federal financial assistance must submit all admissions documents before aid is processed.
Who: First-time freshmen, transfer, and re-admit students
How: Apply online at www.dcc.edu.
When: APPLY NOW! – Delgado is currently taking applications!
- Summer 2012 Session: Applications accepted during registration, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., through May 29, 2012.
- Fall 2012 Semester: Applications accepted during last chance registration, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. through Aug. 17, 2012.
STEP 2: Apply for financial assistance.
Who: All students in need of assistance paying tuition and fees
How: Apply online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Summer FAFSA 11-12 priority processing deadline: March 30, 2012; FAFSA must be completed by March 15, 2012.
- Fall FAFSA 12-13 priority processing deadline: July 13, 2012; FAFSA must be completed by April 15, 2012.
Students who miss the priority processing deadline of July 13, 2012 will be processed, but may not be processed in time to secure their summer and fall classes. (See Step 5 below for more details.)
STEP 3: Schedule and take appropriate placement test if applicable ($15 testing fee assessed. Admissions application fee and testing fees must be paid before taking the test.)
- First-time freshmen who score under an 18 in Math or English and under a 17 in Reading on the ACT or who have not taken the ACT.
- Re-admit or transfer students who have not successfully completed developmental or college-level math and English courses with a grade of “C” or better within the last three years.
How: Schedule your placement test with the testing office at the location you will attend or schedule online at www.dcc.edu/departments/testing.
When: As soon as possible; placement tests are being given now and must be taken before students can register for classes. Students must be admitted before scheduling their placement test.
STEP 4: Schedule classes.
Who: All students
- First-time freshmen schedule classes during orientation.
- Re-admit, transfer and continuing students can schedule classes in-person or online at my.lctcs.edu. (Student must wait 48 hours after their application has been processed before scheduling classes online.)
Note: Transfer and re-admit students must register in-person for classes that have corequisites or prerequisites. They must bring to advisors an official or unofficial copy of a transcript or grade reports from all institutions previously attended to register for courses requiring co-requisites or pre-requisites. Transfer students must also verify their academic status in the Admissions office before registering.
- First-time freshmen: After completing the placement test, schedule a date to attend orientation. First-time freshmen who are exempt from taking the placement test should contact the testing office to schedule orientation.
- Re-admit, transfer and continuing students: Registration is March 19 - May 25, 2012 for summer and April 16 - Aug. 10 for fall.
STEP 5: Secure classes.
Who: All students
- Using financial aid: Students must have completed the financial aid process before financial aid can be used to secure classes. (See Financial Assistance pages for more information.)
- Paying out-of-pocket: Pay online at my.lctcs.edu or visit the Bursar’s office to secure classes.
Note: Classes not secured with enrollment in payment plan or financial aid will be dropped.
STEP 6: Start right – prepare for your first day of school.
- Get a parking decal - Bring your car registration and license with you to the Bursar’s office. Complete the vehicle registration form, pay the fee, and pick up your decal when you pay tuition. For those who make payment online or secure classes with financial aid, parking decals must be purchased before the first day of the second week of school.
- Get Delgado ID card – ID card office on your campus - New students can receive their ID card 48 hours after securing classes. ID cards begin to be issued May 29 for Summer 2012 and Aug. 15 for Fall 2012
- Learn how to use Delgado’s online resources – e-mail, Blackboard, Student Self-Serve – (see Online Tools & Resources pages for more information).
- Purchase books* – in person at the bookstore; bring a copy of your schedule to ensure you purchase the correct books, or online at dcc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBHomePage.
*Bookstore credits are only available for students who have a negative balance on their account and are only available for a limited time: May 29 – June 1, 2012 for summer session and Aug. 15 – 28, 2012 for fall semester. Visit www.dcc.edu/departments/studentaffairs/reg/bookstorecredit for complete information.
Books are available in the Student Lounge at the Slidell location on May 31, 2012 for summer session and Aug. 21 - 22, 2012 for the fall semester. Students wanting to purchase books at other times can do so online or visit the City Park Campus or West Bank Campus bookstores.